Biopreserve Smart is an automatic system to package tissue specimen in container with formalin addition. Formalin dispensing and container sealing are carried out automatically by a robot inside the airtight ventilated compartment, preventing from hazardous carcinogenic formalin fumes in accordance with the EU Framework on Health and Safety at Work.
SET AND WALK AWAY
Operator sets a program and places container with histological specimen inside the loading chamber. System automatically weighs the tissue specimen and doses the amount of formalin based on the weight of the specimen and on adjustable ratio weight/volume. At the end of the operation container is returned back, sealed with a pretreated aluminium foil lid.
A robotic arm into the instrument weighs continuously the container containing tissue specimen checking the amount of dispensed formalin.
- Loading and replacement of formalin tanks is safely carried out in ventilated compartment
- Possible use of pre-filled formalin 10-20 liters tanks equipped with dripless quick connect
- Active overfill sensor during formalin dispensing
- Inside tray for collection of accidental formalin leak with liquid leakage sensor
- Aluminium foil lid has an extension to allow easy removal from the container without using tools
- Locking of loading chamber door during the packaging cycle
Wide range of containers for tissue specimen
600 ml – 900 ml – 2200 ml – 3000 ml – 4000 ml – 5000 ml
Container can be sealed with a special aluminium foil lid up to 4 times allowing the operator to reseal the container with the specimen for storage or completion of fixation.
At the end of each cycle printer issues an adhesive plastic label to be attached to the container. It contains information about:
- data on patient, hospital ward and operator
- packaging mode
- weight and type of tissue specimen
- date and time
HEPA filter and special activated Charcoal filter specific for formaldehyde
Possibility to discharge the exhaust fumes outside
Interface via Ethernet port to LIS system
Realization of communication protocols specifically designed according to customer requirements
Maximum formalin loading capacity: 20 liters tank
Automatic weight control of formalin tank
Dimensions: 60 x 60 x 125 cm
Weight: max 80 Kg